Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
Why Consider Orthodontics?
The following information is from the American Association of Orthodontists recommending treatment for adults, when appropriate, in conjunction with regular dental care.
Some of the reasons correction of orthodontic problems are important to adults:
- Can help prevent or improve periodontal problems
- Can help prevent or reduce further bone loss around teeth
- Improves ability of the dentist to restore missing teeth
- Improves aesthetics for a better smile and facial appearance
- Improves function to teeth
- Improves self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improves oral health
By working together, then dental team can achieve results for patients that cannot be produced alone.
Final treatment decisions should be made in consultation with the family dentist, the orthodontist and other specialists, if necessary.
Problems to Watch for in Adults:
Malocclusions, some of which are illustrated above, may be improved by orthodontic treatment. Final Treatment decisions should be made in consultation with the family dentist, the orthodontist and other specialists, as necessary.